Our principal mission is to promote the appreciation of Francophone culture and the French language, and to encourage friendship and collaboration with the French-speaking world.
The Alliance Française of Seattle is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in the State of Washington (Statutes of the Alliance Française de Seattle). We provide:
• French language courses for adults, children, and corporate looking to support the desire or need for language study
• Language certifications including the TEF/TEFAQ, DELF/DALF and DELF Prim/DELF Junior
• Cultural activities for adults and children that present a comprehensive look at francophone cultural in the 21st century.
• A library and online resources for both native speakers and French students.
Founded in 1883 by a group of eminent men, including the scientist Louis Pasteur, the diplomat Ferdinand de Lesseps, the writers Jules Verne and Ernest Renan, and the publisher Armand Colin, the Alliance Française is the largest network of French language and cultural centers in the world.
The Alliances across the world are dedicated to promoting French language and francophone culture in order to foster relationships between people of all nationalities, ethnicities, and races.
• 813 Alliance chapters in the world
• 133 countries have at least one city with an Alliance Française
• Over 100 chapters in the United States
2018 by the numbers
2018 was rich in both events and changes for the Alliance. And we have more coming for you in 2019, stay tuned!