Film Screenings & Workshops
Workshops for cinephiles who wish to improve their oral expression and listening comprehension skills in French. The featured films cover various topics and give the opportunity to analyze different socio-historical contexts in France and the francophone world, as well as aspects related to the cinematography, the screenplay, and the specificities of spoken French. Students can watch the film independently or attend the screening organized in the AFSeattle library on the Friday preceding the workshop. Materials will be sent a week before for individual study.
Film screenings are open to registered Ciné Club students and AFSeattle members.
Film screening: The Young Girls of Rochefort by Jacques Demy | Friday, June 14 | 1pm
- Workshop on The Young Girls of Rochefort: Friday, June 21 | 1-3pm | Registration
Film screening: The Minister by Pierre Schoeller | Friday, May 17 | 1pm
- Workshop on The Minister: Friday, May 24 | 1-3pm | Registration
Film screening: Tomboy by Céline Sciamma | Friday, April 12 | 1pm
- Workshop on Tomboy: Friday, April 19 | 1-3pm | Registration
Film screening: The Dinner Game by Francis Veber | Friday, March 8 | 1pm
- Workshop on The Dinner Game: Friday, March 15 | 1-3pm | Registration
- Workshop on Human Resources: Friday, February 22 | 1-3pm | Registration
Film screening: Amélie by Jean-Pierre Jeunet | Friday, January 18 | 1pm
- Workshop on Amélie: Friday, January 25 | 1-3pm | Registration