Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF), designed by the CIEP (Centre international d’études pédagogiques) and accredited by the French Ministry of Education, is a French language proficiency test for non-native speakers of French who wish to evaluate and have their level of proficiency certified for professional, academic, or personal reasons.
In general, the TCF grades and ranks candidates at one of the six levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2) on a scale defined by the Council of Europe (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). TCF grade results are reliable measurements for determining proficiency.
The Alliance Française de Seattle uses the computer version of these test.
1/TCF Tout Public
The TCF tout public consists of three sections:
- Multiple choice (1 hour and 30 minutes)
- Written expression (1 hour)
- Oral expression (15 minutes)
FEES TCF Tout Public:
- Multiple Choice Exam: $175.00
- Full Package: $350.00
All candidates must take the multiple choice section. The writing and speaking portions are optional, but strongly recommended for university candidates. LEARN MORE
2/ TCF pour la demande d’admission préalable (DAP)
Part 1 (85′)
- Listening examination: 29 questions
- Proficiency in language structures examination (grammar and lexicon): 18 questions
- Reading examination: 29 questions
Part 2 (60′)
- Writing test (composed of 3 tasks: write a message in a minimum of 60 words + write an article to give an account of an experience or a narrative in a minimum of 120 words + write a text comparing 2 points of view in a minimum of 120 words).
More about TCF for DAP here.
FEES TCF-DAP: $225.00
NEXT AVAILABLE SESSIONS TCF-DAP:
- Friday, January 17, 2020, starting at 1PM. Registration deadline: Friday, January 3, 2020.
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, starting at 1PM. Registration deadline: Thursday, January 23, 2020.
NEXT AVAILABLE SESSIONS TCF:
- Friday, January 31, 2020, starting at 1PM. Registration deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020, starting at 1PM. Registration deadline: Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Complete the TCF Registration Form and send it to email@example.com. Registration will be completed upon the reception of your payment. You can pay online here or over the phone, at 206-632-5433, during business hours. Exam fees are non-refundable.