New students with prior experience in French language learning are encouraged to take a free test in order to be placed in the appropriate class.
AF Seattle membership is not required to take group classes, however, a $40 registration fee will be applied to each registration for non-members.
Please note that AFSeattle membership is required to register for Private Classes or take part in the Choir.
Please note the registration deadline for all regular classes is 48 hours before the beginning of the course. Past this deadline, a $25 late registration fee will apply.
Registration and payment are due prior to the start of classes.
Course Cancellations and Changes
The Alliance Française de Seattle reserves the right to cancel courses, adjust curriculum or change teachers at any time during the session.
A minimum of four enrollments is required to open a class. If you are registered in a class that is canceled, you will be notified by telephone or email and given the option to transfer to another course or to be fully refunded.
The Alliance Française de Seattle is able to offer 10% off for students not being able to attend all class sessions due to work or travel. Students must contact the office prior to registration. It can be applied for the following:
- Group classes, 33 hours of instruction: If more than 4 sessions (a total of 6 hours) are going to be missed
- Group classes, 22 hours of instruction: If more than 2 sessions (a total of 4 hours) are going to be missed
- AF Members will receive a 10% discount for any additional group classes or workshops taken in the same quarter. This discount does not apply on private classes.
Refunds and Credits
- Partial refunds and credits are issued only if requested before the third class meeting.
- Classes attended will be charged.
- A $40-fee will be charged for all cancellations.
- Credits must be used within 3 class terms from original registration.
- Credits are not transferable.
- Students may request a transfer from one group class to another group class before the third session.
- Any difference in price will be charged, or a credit or refund given.
- Students cannot be transferred from group classes to private tuition.
The Alliance Française accepts payments in cash, by check, bank transfer, or credit card. The easiest way to pay for your class is online.
Payments must be made in full at enrollment.